Stay tuned for out next Sketchcrawl! Check our DC forum & FB Group for Updates!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Sketchcrawl #29- National Cathedral/Dupont Circle

National Cathedral
Back in October we had the 29th International Sketchcrawl in DC, trekking our way from the National Cathedral to Dupont Circle. At the time I wasn't very happy with my drawings, so I decided not to share them with the online world.

I finally decided to go back and work on a sketch of the Cathedral (since it is such a grand & beautiful structure) and hopefully produce something I was a little happier with.

And after digging around a little bit, I do have one more sketch I'm not too embarrassed to share- a partial sketch of the fountain at Dupont Circle. I've drawn the fountain a few times now, but I always enjoy returning to it for some reason.
DC Sketchcrawl 29 Dupont

P.S. Don't forget about Sketchcrawl #30 happening soon on January 22. The current plan is to try the Library of Congress, but failing that we'll have a backup plan ready. Stop by the forums to stay up to date!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work from that sketch crawl which was difficult and so varied in architectural styles and details.

    ReplyDelete