Stay tuned for out next Sketchcrawl! Check our DC forum & FB Group for Updates!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Roma, Madrid, & Morocco

I spent the past few weeks traveling in Italy, Spain, and Morocco. Instead of taking an obscene amount of photographs I focused on drawings. Snapshots create great memories but I find time spent looking at environment reveals much more. I also felt like less of a tourist and was able to interact with the many people who approached me while I was working.

Part I of III
ROMA


Two phones at the airport

Quick sketch of people passing by with carry on luggage at Dulles Airport

"Tresor"
Composite image from airplane magazine

Woman walking in the Piazza di Spagna

Francesco Barbieri Fountain detail.

Hostel view from window

Roman Forum ruins

Pantheon

Piazza Navona: woman taking picture

Jet lag kept me up so I went out to draw at 4 a.m

Wall rubbing with detail


St. Peters composite

St. Paul statue in St. Peters square

Woman by Bernini's fountain in St. Peters Square

Internet point and laundromat

No comments:

Post a Comment