Stay tuned for out next Sketchcrawl! Check our DC forum & FB Group for Updates!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Columbia Heights Alley

columbia heights back alley So the original plan was to go to a couple of bookstores around the city and put prints of this sketch in the pages of as many copies of "The Art of Urban Sketching" as I could find. (Not an original idea, as fans of the Post Secret blog & books do this too with their anonymous confessions.) It turns out though that none of the bookstores actually had any copies on the shelves, so no-go on that idea. Instead I went back to the alley in Columbia Heights where I drew the original sketch and found some spots to give them away or hide them for people to find.
6 drawings of columbia heights 01col heights envelopes

I found a couple of windshields to drop the envelopes.  Some that drove off before I got a picture of them,  of course not without a few funny looks as they picked up what I left for them.
IMG_498
When I felt like too many eyes where on me to put the last few envelopes on some windshields.  I found some bicycle baskets to drop them in.  A couple that also came and went before I got a picture off.
IMG_0504IMG_0503
The original sketch columbia heights sketch

No comments:

Post a Comment