Stay tuned for out next Sketchcrawl! Check our DC forum & FB Group for Updates!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Meet the sketcher: ALEXANDRIA, VA > Kent Gay

"I'm originally from Minnesota and have lived in many great U.S. cities - Minneapolis/St Paul, Chicago, NYC area (Bayonne and Jersey City, NJ), Richmond, VA and Washington DC. I love drawing and look forward to joining the Urban Sketchers community and share my love of the urban environment.

I earned a Bachelor of Environmental Design from the University of Minnesota's School of Architecture (where free-hand drawing was emphasized and valued) and a M.A. in Applied Design from the University of Minnesota's Graduate School. During my graduate program I taught classes in design foundations - Drawing, Two-Dimensional Design, Three-Dimensional Design, and Color. After working as a museum exhibit designer for 15 years, I am now working as a Development Assistant and Theater Facilitator at Capitol Hill Arts Workshop and pursuing studies in technical theater.

I'm teaching a new class at the Capitol Hill Arts Workshop called DC Sketchers. We meet Saturday mornings/afternoons at various DC location and welcome beginning and intermediate students. I'm looking forward to contributing both my work and my students work to Urban Sketchers and value the community and resource it offers."

Kent's website
Kent's Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment