Stay tuned for out next Sketchcrawl! Check our DC forum & FB Group for Updates!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Colorized sketches

East Indian man in a business suit June 3rd 2010

High Schooler reading NYT June 11th 2010

I have been a urban sketcher on DC's metro for a number of years. I enjoy drawing bumps and all, to fill the time 'on off peak hour' trips around town. I use a fountain pen and hand made pocket sized sketch book which travels easily. After studying my friend  Michael Nobb's illustrations. I figured he must be using the flat colors in Adobe Photoshop to color his pen drawings and I was interested to give it a try on these two metro rider sketches. It is fun to add a cartoon look to my sketches but not something I would do with most of my work because it takes a lot of time at the computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment