Stay tuned for out next Sketchcrawl! Check our DC forum & FB Group for Updates!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Meet the sketcher: RESTON, VA > Joel Winstead

Joel Sketching sketchcrawl-24
"I grew up in the D.C. area, and currently reside in Reston, where I work for a local software security firm.

While I have always drawn things around me, I started sketching in earnest while in graduate school, where I would often doodle in my notebooks between (or during) classes. Some friends encouraged me to share my drawings, and I soon discovered the community of people on the Net who share their sketchbooks online, which has been an inspiration for me. I particularly enjoy seeing other people's takes on familiar places.

Since moving back to the area, sketching has given me an opportunity to rediscover my home town and see it in a new way."




Joel's blog
Joel's Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment